Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Individual efficiency stats 2007-2014
Stuart Suss 
PhD Student

Loc: Chester County, Pennsylva...
Reg: 11-21-04
03-21-22 09:01 PM - Post#339727    
    In response to LocalTiger

May I respectfully request that Local Tiger and Palestra 38 move the debate about the quality of Jordan Dingle's teammates to another thread.

By posting these efficiency statistics, I was hoping to start another discussion. Local Tiger, Palestra 38 and others are welcome to join that discussion.

Jordan Dingle ranks 28th (Row 29 is the 28th ranked person as Row 2 is the first ranked person). Azar Swain ranks 43rd. Yet, the coaches unanimously voted each of them to the 1st team, All Ivy. Most fans would have voted identically. Jaelin Llewellyn, who was also voted to the first team (not unanimously) ranked 21st.

As I have acknowledged, box score metrics like this are unable to count non box-score aspects of the game, playing defense, boxing out, setting screens and the like.

My question: What are these efficiency numbers failing to count that produced such shocking rankings for Dingle and for Swain?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.183 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:35 AM