Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bucknell to Division III athletics?
Bison7882 
Junior
Bison7882
Reg: 11-24-13
10-15-22 07:47 PM - Post#345256    
    In response to Bison137

The problem is that leveling is unlikely to occur. The Bucknell administration and Board of Trustees doesn't show any indication of caring. My wife and I were classmates and our son and his wife (and her Dad) graduated from Bucknell. We're exactly the type of family that fits the university's business model. But my wife and I are disgusted with the direction Bucknell has taken. It's telling that it took alumni who care to spend their own money to provide a venue that promotes free speech for students and faculty. Yet this effort was opposed by a large segment of the faculty. The football program is a disgrace. In basketball we're now projected to finish in the bottom tier of the PL. Nathan Davis has run the program into the ground since Paulson's recruits graduated but he won't be fired no matter how bad the team performs (I won't address the reason why but we all know it). The men's lacrosse program is now a shadow of its former self. Other than women's basketball and maybe water polo there is no other sport that is competitive. We've been generous financial supporters of Bucknell since we graduated. No more. We'll drive out to Lewisburg occasionally to visit the antiques venues and Jackass Brewing but we have no more interest - financially or otherwise - in Bucknell. If you told me 10 years ago I'd make that statement I'd have told you you're crazy. Good luck, Bucknell.

Edited by Bison7882 on 10-15-22 07:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.303 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:23 AM