Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Bucknell to Division III athletics?
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
10-17-22 10:34 PM - Post#345293    
    In response to Bison137

• Bison137 Said:
In the above, I forgot to mention a couple of items:

1. Women’s rowing has always been above average in the patriot league.

2. Wrestling has been above average in the EIWA in six of the past seven years.

3. From 2013-19, Bucknell was consistently above average in PL softball. Unfortunately they lost two coaches in a row due to circumstances having nothing to do with Bucknell or the program. Having no permanent coach on board for well over a year seriously hurt recruiting and the program suffered. However I think there is a good chance that you will see softball above average again in a couple of years.

Your points are well taken 137, but frankly the only people who care about most of those other sports are the ones playing them and maybe the alums who once played them. The marquis sports are football and basketball ( and at Bucknell FB may be a stretch at this point) and at the moment the woman’s basketball program is more worthy of attention than the mens. Lacrosse can generate some visibility as well, and it will be good if as you say that program comes back. I just don’t get any feeling that with thiS AD there is any plan or goal as to where we need to be in the marquis sports. He is no Hartzell or Hardt, and I really hoped for more than we are getting athleticswise when Bravman came in. Isn’t it about time for him to be moving on?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.161 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:24 AM