Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Non-Conference Predictions
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
11-01-22 03:30 PM - Post#345689    

Since we're less than a week away from the first game of the season, it seems a fine time to talk about what we expect to see from our teams in the non-con.

What do you think your team's biggest strength will be?
Biggest area of need?
What do you hope to see from your team in the noncon?
What do you expect results-wise?

For Yale, I expect that the biggest strengths will be the old Coach Jones standbys: defense and rebounding. Yale is going to have a lot of size in its starting five, especially in the backcourt, and so long as everyone stays healthy, I'd expect the Bulldogs to be strong here.

The biggest weakness is going to be scoring. Losing Swain and Gabbidon means losing a lot of production, and the Bulldogs were particularly weak last year at manufacturing offense (as opposed to winning ISO matchups).

I want to see team solidify its identity in the noncon. Smart defense, tough rebounding, good ball movement. There's enough talent on the roster that everything else will come if the fundamentals are good, I think.

I expect between 8 and 9 wins in the noncon. Yale's schedule outside of its three buy games is not exceptionally strong, but there are some tricky games in there (@Hawaii, Vermont) and opening the season with a three-game tournament in Hawaii will be tough. I think that they'll give at least one Power 6 coach an ulcer.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.277 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:28 PM