Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Non-Conference Predictions
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
11-04-22 09:54 AM - Post#345815    
    In response to iogyhufi

For Brown, I think our biggest strength will be our backcourt. I'm looking forward to year 2 of the Kino Lilly, Jr. experience and think that Friday and Wojcik should improve as well.

Our biggest area of need is depth in the front court. In an exhibition game against New Haven on Wednesday, Nana Owusu-Anane played 35 minutes. I don't think that's sustainable over the course of a season, especially when you consider foul trouble, injuries, etc. My hope is that either Malachi Ndur or Landon Lewis will earn more minutes over the course of the season, but we will have to wait and see.

For non-con, I would be happy with a record of 7-6 or better. Such a record would mean that we beat the teams like Central Connecticut State, Maine, and New Hampshire, while stealing one or two games against better teams - say, Colgate or UMass Lowell, both of whom we play at home. Anything above 8 wins means we would have beat one of URI, Michigan State or Northwestern, which would raise my expectations for league play. 7 wins would also give Mike a realistic chance of setting the all-time wins record for Brown basketball this season - he's 13 away, I believe.

As for the league, I agree with Old Bear that I think this team will perform better than the pollsters think they will, but only slightly better. I think Bruno will flirt with a spot in Ivy Madness before falling just short. More importantly, I'd like to see Cooley, Owusu-Anane and Lilly, Jr. continue to grow, because I think that core could lead the Bears to bigger and better things in the next two seasons.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.182 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:26 PM