Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brown in the NC
Ever True 
Junior

Reg: 02-02-15
01-02-23 01:58 PM - Post#348724    
    In response to Bruno

I think we've really benefitted from Owusu-Anane playing more minutes and Anya's arrival. Not only are they good rebounders, they've also contributed with rim defense - Anya had a couple nice blocks at Northwestern - and Nana is also good for a steal or two a game. Off the bench, Ndur and Cooley bring good energy on the boards and on defense. And I haven't even mentioned Kimo or the rebounding of Wojcik, as you alluded to, Bruno.

Turnovers are the main obstacle for us, IMO - our opponents are averaging 14.2 points off our turnovers per 40 minutes. And some of the same guys who are difference makers on D are the guys who are particularly loose with the ball, especially Anya and Nana, although Nana has done much better in his last five games. I think Kino and Nana have been connecting more of late, and I'm hopeful that the latter can emerge as a third reliable option on offense. Another question mark is Dan Friday - will he be back for Ivy play and can he be a difference maker? I will be interested to see how Penn defends us this evening and how some of the younger guys fare as we transition to conference play.

Edited by Ever True on 01-02-23 02:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.312 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:07 PM