Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Any Whispers on New Women's Coach?
Go Green 
PhD Student

Reg: 04-22-10
05-08-23 08:49 AM - Post#356197    
    In response to CM

• CM Said:
If true, this is an absurd statement on how unprepared the outgoing coaches were. Essentially fielding a D3 roster trying to compete against the likes of Columbia and Princeton.

Complete speculation on my part, but I do think that Shibles was given an ultimatum by Harrity that Shibles could not meet and/or live with.

If a team has a bad year, a saving grace usually takes the form of hope for the future. "Yeah, we finished last. But we've got these great players coming, so better days are coming soon." Or something to that effect.

I suspect Harrity looked at Shibles' incoming recruits and was very unimpressed. He probably told her to make changes to her staff or otherwise figure out some way to bring in higher caliber players. And Shibles elected to resign...

It's a mess. Yes- the new person will be given a long runway. But it would be beneficial for all involved if we showed immediate improvements in recruiting.

Edited by Go Green on 05-08-23 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:06 AM