Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn WBB 2024 Recruiting
JDP 
Masters Student

Reg: 11-23-04
07-22-23 12:22 PM - Post#357355    
    In response to CM

Part of my excitement for the season is that we should see a lot of new faces this season.

With Padilla (36 mpg) and McGurk (31 mpg) graduating there are a lot of minutes to be earned in the backcourt – preseason and the early season hopefully will be very competitive as players look to earn opportunities. Plus with the depth and talent at guard, there hopefully will be more instances to have intense defensive pressure in the backcourt while rotating players to keep them fresh.

At the wing there are options in each class – some more spot up three point shooters other that like to drive to the basket. Likely will be who is “hot” from range that night, and that game's match up.

Floor (30 mpg) & Jordan (32 mpg) as senior captains undoubtedly will see the majority of the time at the 4 & 5. To your point, there are openings for 15-20 mpg in the frontcourt for newer players as Sike and Faye have graduated.

Unless you are a prolific scorer, the one key item to get on the floor for Penn is the ability to play defense. Being yearly a top 10 in points allowed is not an accident – therefore, neither is who gets on the court.

Likely will post thoughts on the league when all the teams officially report their classes. But to ground my expectations: I believe Penn is a post season caliber team – both for Ivy Madness and the WNIT. There is a lot that has to jell for any of the four top teams (CHPP) over the course of the season and especially two days in March to make the NCAAs. I believe a realistic benchmark for this team (and any of the top four teams) as the season plays out is how competitive they are for a WBIT spot (likely need to be a top 95 team – so a 20 NET ranking improvement for Penn over 2022/23).

Edited by JDP on 07-22-23 12:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.165 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:43 PM