Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 2023-24 Roster
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
10-18-23 12:27 AM - Post#358481    
    In response to gokinsmen

Some interesting tidbits in Jerry Carino's season preview article:

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/ 2023/10/1...

• Quote:
One of them is freshman guard Dalen Davis, a 6-foot playmaker from Chicago who will have a major role this season.

“He’s tough,” Princeton coach Mitch Henderson said. “We’ve had high expectations for him.”

• Quote:
A big key will be how quickly 6-foot-10 sophomore Vernon Collins can progress after seeing minimal time last winter.

• Quote:
“I really didn’t like Coach back then, and I’m sure Xaivian has some issues with the way I’m going about it, but I think so highly of what he can do – and I want to make sure he sees it that way, too.”

Allocco, Pierce and Martini are locked to start, but I'm not sure about the other two spots. Especially since it looks like Austin won't be ready for a while. That last quote by Mitch makes me think Xavian might not start right away.

Non-conf could be an audition of sorts in that respect. Will it be Davis and Collins? Lee and Sangster? Peters is the best 3pt shooter, but I like him off the bench for 15-20mpg.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.452 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:58 AM