Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lafayette
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
11-25-23 12:20 PM - Post#359672    
    In response to Penndemonium

Yes, in the decisive run at the end of the game, we finally went small with Smith basically playing the 4. I think Steve played the matchups for a lot of the game thinking we needed to play big against Lafayette, and in the end the play was to go small.

Getting back to Brown/Thrower, my eyes see everything you guys are seeing. I see Thrower making some obvious mistakes, and I see Brown looking decisive on offense and better on defense than I expected. It’s the team results that give me pause. With Thrower playing a lot, we were 3-1 with our only loss a close one on the road to a top 100ish team. With Brown playing instead of Thrower, we have gone 1-1 against two bottom 50 teams, and our best half was the only one where Thrower played (1st half against Lafayette). Could just be luck in a small sample size, but so far we simply play better when Thrower is out there. And the defense has statistically been better when he is on the floor. Still early enough that it could just have to do with what everyone else is doing.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:47 AM