Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Rankings, Ratings and Polls
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
12-13-23 10:59 PM - Post#360627    
    In response to joe nassau

• joe nassau Said:
Miye Oni if he'd stayed woulda been a first round pick? His one and done really blew up in his face?

I don't think so. Oni declared for the draft as a junior, but I don't think he would've moved up much with another year. Especially since his senior season would have had no NCAA tourney due to the pandemic.

• CM Said:
So a NBA team is going to give Lee a guaranteed contract? Curious who you see as his comp who was a first rounder this year or last?

If you just mean "a late 1st/early 2nd round pick from a low/mid-major school," I'd point to Ben Sheppard (26th pick). He played with Drew Friberg on a Belmont team that didn't even make the tourney, but his talent was clear and he did well in pre-draft activities.

But if you go back further, I would compare Lee to CJ McCollum - a super-smooth, lanky, 6-3 guard with crafty finishes at the rim and a great 3pt stroke. McCollum played for Lehigh in the Patriot League - very comparable league to ours - but was selected 10th overall.

I'm not predicting that for Lee obviously, but considering Xaivian is just a sophomore, he has plenty of time to boost his stock over the next 2.5 years. Especially if Princeton wins a couple NCAA tourney games over the next 3 dances.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.242 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:07 PM