Username Post: Harvard
Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Reg: 11-21-04
01-23-24 01:43 PM - Post#362035    
    In response to PennFan10

PennFan10 - hope you're well, and generally I agree with you on many thing (and appreciate many back and forths in the past). If this is directed at me, I'm fine with it. This is a message board, and a pretty mild one at that, meant for discussion.

I'm certainly not suggesting Holland is any kind of savior, but the coaching staff thought enough of him to make him a starter at the beginning of the year. Those early games include the best win of the year against Nova, when he had his best D1 game of the year (we don't win that game without his performance). A mere 2 weeks later he got 0 mins in an easy win against Monmouth followed by 0 mins in a OT loss (so plenty of available minutes) against La Salle where it sure looked like we could have used some athleticism.

If that is some kind of brilliant coaching maneuver or strategy, I'd love to hear more about it and how it has benefited this team.

My general feeling has been stated repeatedly, I really do like this freshman class (though Perkins has hit the frosh wall a bit, so curious to see how he pushes through), but overall there is not enough talent and depth on this team to win a championship. This is because the coaching staff did not consistently recruit enough top players (too many missed recruiting classes, again), nor has the coaching been good enough to elevate the players to championship level.

We are further, not closer, than last year and we weren't even that close last year. If Clark can come back healthy, we still have a solid chance to make Ivy Madness, but does it matter if we sneak into fourth and lose in the first round again?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.535 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:24 AM