Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Question
palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
01-23-24 03:04 PM - Post#362039    
    In response to The Pine

Well, he had all 3 of those guys last year with a 17 point lead at Princeton at halftime with the title on the line and came out tense and played not to lose. Princeton didn't even play that well and we lost. Time and time again, Steve's teams fold down the stretch--we lose far more close games than we win. I grant you that he got a tough break this year, but you make your own chances. He had the chance last year and lost 3 times to Princeton when he clearly should have won one and had a good chance to win a second. He was outcoached at Cornell and Dartmouth, which made second half adjustments and he didn't. Guys like Spinoso who has some great ability, have not really improved like we see on teams such as Princeton and Yale. His one winning team was with players he inherited and had a bunch of seniors who were coaches on the floor. I was about the most optimistic Penn fan on earth before 2 seasons ago---he has lost me.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.266 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:07 AM