Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
02-01-24 12:23 AM - Post#362484    
    In response to james

Like james said, Yale doesn't play a 10-man rotation, at least not really. Coach Jones likes to steal some minutes for younger guys in the middle minutes of the first half (which are probably the lowest-leverage minutes in the game), but the rotation has really mostly been the five starters with Nick Townsend spelling the two bigs, Casey Simmons spelling the guards and wings, and Yassine Gharram spelling Bez.

In Yale's early-season struggles, they had no shooting outside of Danny Wolf, because John and August were in a slump. Now, of course, it's a different story, but James is right that that shooting from those two is a very necessary part of a successful Yale gameplan.

I think a successful Yale game plan involves a lot of slashing to the rim. Bez has done this phenomenally well recently; he had some very high-quality drives to dump-offs against Harvard, and, to put it delicately, Princeton doesn't have an Ajogbor down low to clean up messes. You'd also like to force the issue with foul trouble, because Princeton doesn't want either of its starting bigs on the bench for any length.

I do wonder who Xavian Lee is going to guard. I haven't seen enough to say with certainty whether he's bad at defense, but Mitch seems to assign him to guard a nonfactor on the opposing team whenever possible. That's going to be a bit harder against a Yale team where all five players on the floor can be dangerous.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.22 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:40 PM