Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: @Brown
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-11-24 12:00 PM - Post#363103    
    In response to palestra38

Not sure that was the thinking for Dingle/Martz. I think Dingle had a lot more to do with Dingle and reaching the NBA than anything else. Obviously they would have a better shot in the Ivy this year as seniors with a good class coming in. With Martz, we’ll see. I tend to agree with you that he will show up somewhere as a grad transfer, though there are those who insist he is done playing. We’ll find out whether he made a decision to play a season elsewhere or simply hung up the spikes. If he does plan to play elsewhere, obviously his decision followed from Dingle’s.

On the point about underperforming the talent . . .. For me, that is always hard to evaluate. None of these guys were heavily recruited coming out of high school. The fact that they appear to be a talented team that underperformed may be something that actually results from good coaching, in a sense. They were put in a position to succeed, at least in some ways. Dingle was an NBA prospect when he played for Steve. He probably isn’t one now. It may be that they look like a talented team because of the coaching, not in spite of it.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.023 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:42 PM