Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: men vs. harvard
Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
02-22-24 07:13 PM - Post#363785    
    In response to Chet Forte

My opinion is that our guards have been outstanding throughout the 2023-24 season and we would be competing with Yale, Princeton and Cornell for the Ivy League Championship if we matched up better with them in the front court. Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of our guys up front, they are just not strong enough physically to handle their counterparts. Our frontcourt deficit has been a recurring problem every year since Coach Smith departed. I have no idea why that has been the case. This year we were led to believe that things were going to be different, but it has not worked that way. Once again we lost our key returning big man before the season even began. Then one of our two recruits suffered a season ending injury before the season began. Unfortunately, our only other front court recruit, weighs in at only 185 pounds so he apparently is not ready yet to battle the football linemen types of our opponents. Finally, despite the frontcourt issue, I do believe that our backcourt players are so very talented that we can still earn the fourth seed.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:16 PM