In response to LocalTiger

"If Martz is the second guy here,
I have to wonder whether people are
being too quick to write off his
explanation that he was retiring for
medical reasons. If he can't play
any more, he certainly deserves no
criticism."

Maybe, but there are some indicia that the team has been flushed.

-- No hint of what the medical problem is. I understand HIPPA restraints. But there was no indication of anything to forsee a serious medical problem deserving a whole year off. I wonder if the medical thing will all be"forgotten" if he plays for someone else next year. Hmmmm.

-- I've seen no indication that he is supportive of this team or its members. On many other occasions throughout various sports we have seen a disppointed medically side-lined player give moral support and comfort to the team. I've seen no indication to that effect here. Has he been at any of the home games. Practices? Even Jenanni Williams sang with the Penn team after a visit.

I would hope that this is not just a gaming of the system to get another year of post-Penn eligibility.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:08 AM