Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Season Recap, the way forward, Amaker
CrimsonBlood 
Freshman

Reg: 03-15-18
03-03-24 06:37 PM - Post#364426    
    In response to HARVARDDADGRAD

-Amaker has done some great things at Harvard and that’s why I said I doubt he will actually be on the hot seat.

-But we should also be realistic: breakfast club. Really? That’s why he should stay? Renovation of Lavietes? Harvard has all the money in the world and I think many coaches could help rally around some $ for a respectable basketball gym. Look he is a class act, no one disputes that. I’m a huge fan of him personally. But 3 losing seasons in a row and moving in the wrong direction.

-If he is sick a bad in game coach, he should recruit assistants and rely on them. It’s not that hard to say “give Mack the ball” with 5 seconds left. I’m not impressed with his assistants either tbh. We need more experienced assistants to help Amaker with his weaknesses.

-I agree with the Christian Webster comment. It’d be a gamble given he has never been a head coach, but Webster was involved as a player and assistant during the best of the Harvard teams, and perhaps he could bring more energy to a program that is in decline.

I just don’t think Harvard should settle for hoping and praying to scrape their way into the 4th slot in the Ivy League Tournament. That’s not good enough.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.171 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:54 PM