Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: 23/24 Men's Awards
iogyhufi 
Masters Student

Reg: 10-10-17
03-03-24 10:12 PM - Post#364435    
    In response to whitakk

Henderson probably will win it, assuming Princeton beats Penn. The coaches tend to award CoY to one of the coaches who wins the league - 2022 was an aberration, and to be fair, Brian Earl really did earn that one.

The unusual wrinkle here is that Yale was the favorite going into the season, but Princeton was the favorite going into the conference season. Probably will be Henderson anyway, but there you go.

For what it's worth, though I picked Earl, I think Coach Jones deserves a tremendous amount of credit for helping his team right the ship midseason. Yale's nonconference was a bit of a gong show at times this year, but according to KenPom, Yale has been the best team in the Ivy League on both offense and defense in conference play. If you'd told me that that'd be the case after the Fairfield game, it might've been a bit more optimism than I was ready for at the time.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:07 AM