Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: The DP weighs in AND Clark news....
Penndemonium 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-29-04
03-17-24 03:27 PM - Post#365567    
    In response to Jeff2sf

I was a Penn fan even through the worst of teams. When I was an athlete, I played hoops a few times with some of the players. Penn wasn't very strong then. I was decent friends with an all-ivy player and also a benchwarmer who barely saw the court. They were both simply great guys. The benchwarmer worked his tail off in basketball and his schoolwork. He was a true student athlete. I'm still judgmental from my armchair, but I choose not to be a militant @sshole as an alumni with regards to people I don't even know, as long as the program seems to represent. On the other hand, a former player from the Miller years interviewed at my firm. He said it was dehumanizing playing with Miller. He was someone who had good playing time, so it wasn't a gripe about that. It isn't all about winning. It really isn't. The winning is nice and can be a great positive experience. If winning means so much to you, help the program by giving. That's the path in this new era. If your personal happiness depends so heavily on whether these young kids win or lose, then who is the weird one spewing crud?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.181 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:28 AM