Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Auburn
TigerFan 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-24 09:58 PM - Post#365815    
    In response to james

I'll be rooting for Yale on Friday. I'm not as pessimistic as you seem to be that the Ivies are about to enter a period of steep descent. I've been following the Tigers since I was a kid in the 70s, then as a student there, and ever since. If I had a nickel for every time over the years that I've thought "I'll never see a Princeton team this good again in my lifetime"... For 25 years I thought the '98 team was the last, great Tiger team I'd ever see. Then last year--bang!--Sweet Sixteen.

Sorry you can't make it to the game, James. Find yourself a nice sports bar somewhere and wear your Yale gear proudly. I was in LA in 1996 when Princeton stunned UCLA and that was the next best thing to being at the game. (A college roomate and I swore after that game that we'd never miss the Tigers in the tournament again and have seen them play--and mostly lose in heartbreaking fashion--live in 97, 98, 01, 04, 11, 17, and then last year).

Enjoy the madness

Edited by TigerFan on 03-18-24 09:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:05 AM