Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Brian Earl
sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
03-26-24 09:59 AM - Post#366476    
    In response to Dial Lodge

I suspect it has to do with a combination of things - closer (less/easier travel) to fertile recruiting territory, easier recruiting sell, perceived greater opportunity for advancement (specifically, easier to create a strong record within the conference that might help with a next move), financial aspects. As a state employee, possibly some significantly better fringe benefits. And don't discount the personal living environment as Williamsburg is close to Newport News/Hampton Roads which has become a popular place to live especially if you like being on the water. Maybe Chris Mooney has convinced him of the appeal of the setting. Probably also some other reasons none of us will know.

I like the area to visit (family member graduated from CWM); although I would find the heavily colonial-focused atmosphere repetitive year-round, it might be ideal for others.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.225 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:46 AM