Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Expectations
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-10-08 05:19 PM - Post#46207    
    In response to Mike Porter

Mike, I understand that the two big guys, Kaluz and Hollingsworth both had very good seasons, but it's been my experience that it's what happens after they get to college that matters, particularly for bigs. Coleman missed the entire HS season but is an excellent talent who may be ready to play. I haven't heard much about Weaver, others may know more. Keep your ears open.

One of the encouraging thing about this year has been the contributions made by underclassmen. We got all we expected, and perhaps more, from McAndrew and Huffman. McDonald's contribution was severely limited by injuries. But, a lot of Brown's success was due to others taking up slack and prohibiting team's from concentrating on the Srs. snd penslizing them when the did. Skrelja proved himself, Sullivan scored consistantly and played great D. The immergence of Matt Mullary in the middle was huge, he might of led the league in blocks, and Friskie was named player of the game twice in the last two weeks when Matt went down. Adrian Williams showed he will contribute at both ends and Chris Taylor played increased minutes down the end. While I expect many to predict Brown to drop to the bottom half with the loss of McAndrew and Huffman, I'm not buying in. I think Brown will surprise, as it usually does.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.341 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:14 PM