Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Back from this weekend's games...
seas2k4 
Junior

Reg: 11-21-04
02-20-05 02:26 AM - Post#4660    

... tonight was not too much fun to watch.

We really did get out-worked, looked flat, and Yale made some huge shots. A couple thoughts:

1- Why was Jan in the game? He looked awful in the first half, then got more minutes in the second- at one point he was matched up against Draughan, and on successive possesions got called for a foul, got beat off the dribble (leading to Flato's three from 24 feet), and had a TO.

2- Oz was invisible. Seems like when he doesn't hit a couple shots early he can tend to fade away some... he has to keep his head in the game.

3- Mark was great, keeping us in the game... playing hard, grabbing boards, and providing some much needed offense.

4- Not going to comment on Begs... he is human, after all, and was bound to have a rough game. I am more discouraged that he didn't get off many shots than if he had gotten them off and just wasn't hitting. I didn't really focus on how they were guarding him off the ball, but it was dissapointing that we didn't adjust at all to get him more involved.

5- Good atmostphere at the game, but man are those Yale student sections obnoxious (I am sure not all of them are, but as a whole). It is one thing to try to taunt the other team and impact the game- but these guys were going after the band! Give me a break. What a poor representation of the school, I hope our fans don't give off that same image.

Also, for those who watched on TV, how good was Hughes' dunk? It looked pretty outrageous in person. Would have liked to see Free get a couple minutes today, but not sure it would have made much of a difference in the end.

-Seas
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:44 AM