Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Ohio
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-17-08 09:16 AM - Post#46813    

Not the most thrilling of opponents - I was hoping for someone from a big conference. That said, Ohio is very good, and is deadly at home at 12-1. And, they're among the best teams in this tournament.

These guys are very athletic, particularly for a team in the MAC. They are not particularly tall, but are brawny, and are a very good rebounding and perimeter defensive team. Lot of frenetic ball pressure and a lot of steals. They don't shoot it particularly well, but they do get to the line a lot.

Leon Williams is as tough a matchup as there could be for Brown. This is a big, tough kid who is pretty ferocious inside. Between he and Jerome Tillman, Brown will have their hands full inside - and I'm not sure if MacDonald is even going to start.

That said, this is exactly the type of team Brown should be able to exploit. The offense should be able to take advantage of overaggressiveness outside and get guys out of position. While brawny, these guys don't block a lot of shots, so once inside, we should be able to hit our layups or get to the line.

Defenisvely, I've no idea what we have going on. Bubba Walther is a streak shooting gunner, and you can't let him heat up. These guys spread the offense pretty equitably between outside and inside. That said, I would think Brown would be well served to alternate between the 1-3-1 trap and packing it in to throw some different looks at them.

Fun!
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.219 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:53 AM