Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Bill Courtney
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
05-10-10 04:00 PM - Post#83173    
    In response to pennhoops

I'm certainly not writing Courtney off -- he isn't the first coach to lose a recruit to a scholarship school and who knows how much Cornell really was in the mix with Thomas. Albrecht is a little more perplexing if he truly was "committed" to Cornell, but who knows? If Courtney is the recruiter folks at George Mason say he is, these two battles will be long forgotten. Still, I'll admit to being marginally less enthusiastic than I was a week ago.

In the BRF venacular, "potential all-Ivy from the moment he suits up" means "could be a decent player." You just have to learn to translate. Anyone who starts as a freshman in the MAC (even an awful MAC team like Toledo) has that potential in the Ivies. I remember Albrecht as a shooter, but little else. You have to think he has the potential to be coached up in other aspects of his game -- but he certainly has one skill that Brown can exploit immediately.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.211 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:56 PM