Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Two games in
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
11-15-10 10:50 AM - Post#88925    

And I still don't know what to expect about this team, other than it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Groebe, Miles A-A and Coury all look like role players who don't have the all-around game to be starters -- at least without stars around them. Groebe can't handle the ball and brings little to the table but three point shooting; Miles and Coury have severely limited offensive games. Courtney is going to be tested to use them well.

With Wrobo and Scelfo out, Courtney was forced to used Wire as his #2 guy to handle Seton Hall's press. If that's not an indictment of the other guards, I don't know what is.

Peck remains an enigma. Cornell is better with him on the floor, but he can't stop fouling and he was awful against Albany. I don't want to worship at the cult of potential, but his play could well determine our season.

There were bright spots. Aaron Osgood looks like a legit post player; he's been Cornell best player after two games and it hasn't been close. Former Manager Johnathan Gray has been the Red's best guard so far. That isn't quite as bad as it sounds -- he was all Hillsborogh County (Tampa) in high school. Wire looks like a good fit with Courtney's system and may be our best (only?) offensive rebounder. Tarwater, Figini and Gatlin played well enough in limited roles that I'd like to see more of them. Matthews' play in garbage time yesterday was better than I expected.

There are some pieces on this team, I think. Not as many as Princeton, Harvard, and maybe Penn, but enough to be dangerous. But I still have no idea how this season will turn out.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:14 AM