Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Season in Review or Where do we go from here
mountainred 
Masters Student

Loc: Charleston, WV
Reg: 04-11-10
03-27-11 11:25 AM - Post#102428    
    In response to EddieAlberto

Eddie -- I admire your optimism, but expecting players like Figini, Eitan, Grey, Sahota, McMillan, MAA and Matthews to make a big jump seems unlikely. Maybe one will, and if we are lucky two, but all them? That's like playing poker and hoping to fill an inside straight flush.

I began this season expecting Peck, Wire, Coury and Groebe to make the transition from role player to regular. All four had demonstrated more potential in the 2010 season than any of the guys in my first paragraph did this year. Of the four, Wire mysteriously disappeared after starting the season well, Groebe was a non-factor, Peck was maddeningly inconsistent, and Coury needed half the season to become a workmanlike post.

That's why I am looking to the freshman. I readily admit I don't know enough to know which of them If any) will make the jump from high school to D1. Still, I think the odds are much better that Galel Cancr or Devin Cherry will be a player out of the gate than of MAA developing a jump shot as a college junior. And, without trying to sound too critical of Cornell's returnees, if Cornell wants to be a factor in the Ivy race, I think we need better players than what most of our returnees project to for next season. When Courtney was hired, they said he was an ace recruiter; I hope they were right.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:49 PM