Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Season in Review or Where do we go from here
EddieAlberto 
Freshman

Reg: 03-21-11
03-28-11 12:55 PM - Post#102571    
    In response to mountainred

Mountainred:

Well, I can't say I agree with the logic of your argumant that "admittedly" unknown freshmen are more likely to contribute to the success of the 2011-12 team than improved returning players out of the best two recruiting classes in Cornell history (as described by the Donahue staff). But, if blind faith works and the incoming freshmen immediately push those guys out of the way and substantially contribute to an Ivy title in game action, I am all in favor.

I will say that MAA does not have to develop a jump shot to contribute. He probably never will develop a jump shot at this point, but he can do many other things, especially defend, to help the team be successful.

Grey has already improved to the point of being a contributor.

Big men always tend to take longer in the Ivy League (witness.... Jeff Foote), so Chemerinski and Figini as juniors will not look anything like they did as freshmen and sophomores. They both have very good athleticism for the Ivy league, and their offensive skills are their strengths. Don't take my word on that, Wroblewski said that Chemerinski was unstoppable in practice, and Figini had several very good games late this past season in limited minutes. They need what most young players need, strength and minutes.

Without a doubt, Peck has the ability to be All Ivy. He is a perfect example of how even talented freshmen take time to get acclimated to the college game. My guess is that his light bulb goes off in 2011-12.

Sahota showed flashes of talent and potential, but did not get the minutes to prove much of anything. Same for Mathews - his skill level and athleticism are definitely there, he just needs strength and minutes. Tarwater was in the rotation early in the season, but then I think he got sick or hurt.

McMillen may have been the odd man out last year, but he has a really nice shot. And, he has two years under his belt practicing against competition that far exceeds high school competition.

Just for kicks, if the incoming six freshmen were to play last year's sophomore and freshmen classes in a 40 minute game on the first day of practice, October 15, 2011, and you had to bet your mortgage on the game, which team would you pick to win?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:58 PM