Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: women's game vs. Sacred Heart
The Lion King 
Senior

Reg: 11-21-04
12-10-04 02:31 PM - Post#1052    
    In response to light blue heavy

Gosh, lbh, you make me feel all warm inside. I love you, man . . .

Regarding Altman, Coach Waites has quite sensibly refrained from making any predictions about what her role will be. If this were some sort of simulation with dice or a computer, I suspect she would start Altman, but the human factors involved may complicate things.

There are six seniors on the team, all of whom probably expected to get major playing time this year, and then all of a sudden here's Altman popping up like Banquo's ghost. Someone who knows her well describes Sue as "happy-go-lucky" (despite her intensity on the court), so perhaps she will be fine with whatever turns up. I can imagine her as a Vinnie Johnson-type sixth man who is as important a part of the team as any starter, so that could be the best solution for all concerned. We'll see.

It seems to be Altman's fate to be a disruptive influence, unintentionally I assume. I know there was some grumbling when she started as a junior in her first year of eligibility after transferring. And yesterday's Spectator had an article by last year's women's basketball beat writer dumping on Coach Butler, partly for his handling of Altman:

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/12/09/41b7f465ca9bb?in_archive=1

Yes, I know Butler is long gone and we should focus on the present, but some things are hard to let go of so quickly. You should hear me on the subject of my ex-girlfriend . . .
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.01 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:50 AM