Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Hounds win exhibition vs Indiana(Pa)
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
11-03-11 11:31 PM - Post#110444    
    In response to loco09

Nice to be back on here after a long off-season away.. first game I went to as an Alumni, different feeling...

Gotta disagree with the assessment a bit though 09...

83-71.. i think was the final, a team called IUP should not be held within 12 of a Division 1 school like Loyola.

Couple notes, Josh Wiegand actually transferred to IUP and I could argue was one of their better players on the night (Had no shot to actually contribute at Loyola so happy to see him getting minutes elsewhere, was always a nice guy)

Etherly was Etherly.. which is good to a point, but to another point, I didn't see a lot of improvement to his game, which is unfortunate, he actually seemed to have less energy on the floor than he did last year, but I'll chalk that up to it being an exhibition

RJ Williams, I absolutely love the energy and quickness that this guy brings. His speed is quite frankly absurd and we are such a better defensive team when he's on the court... the game was 26-22 at some point, RJ Williams entered the game and Loyola went on a 14-2 run or something like that, he creates turnovers and bad shots, really excited about him.

Winbush.. looked healthy but he just isn't the player he was during my freshman year.. and it's sad to see because he really had a bright future. He still will create defensive mismatches but not sure he'll ever be as dynamic as he used to be.

Latham, like what he brings to the table but wow does he need to learn how to finish... too many missed layups for my liking.. but a big that actually plays big unlike....

Shane Walker, god does he urinate me off, he plays such a soft, stupid hook shot, stupid 3 point game and it really is crazy that he has not learned to play big down low throughout his 2 or 3 years that he has been here. I've never seen a 6'10" guy play as small as he does and it really is just such a shame b/c if he learned how to play big, he would be a beast, especially in the MAAC

In the end, letting up 70+ points to D2 school (they might have been D3, I didn't check, my apologies) is just not good enough. Our team defense NEEDS to get better if we hope to finish anywhere near the top 3 in the MAAC this year.

Our flex/motion offense has seemed to get even less motion to it.. too many guys standing still on the offensive end, you just can't do that if we really want to run this offense properly.

All in all, I understand that this was just an exhibition and I am probably dissecting it way too much, but I came away very frustrated from a team that I'm expecting a top 3 finish from this year, plain and simple we need to be much much better than we were tonight.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.013 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:38 AM