Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Justin Sears to Yale
gokinsmen 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-06-10
11-08-11 08:45 PM - Post#110692    
    In response to Tiger69

1. Sears actually has a pretty good situation at Yale since he's going to play a Maddox-role at SF. I can see why he went there, especially once SJ left.

2. I think MH has done a solid job so far. Lawrence is a huge pickup with enormous upside (puns intended). Brase is a perfect fit for the Princeton system. Don't know much about Washington, though. I think Joe McDonald could be that "headliner" pickup at PG (as much or more than Sears).

3. It would be great to have more headliners like Hummer, but they're not necessary to win. You need great players, not great recruits. Were Wittman, Foote and Dale "headliners"? Meanwhile, a team with Schroeder, Finley and Buzcak went 11-3 and twice fell a bucket short of Cornell's 2010 team. And who was our best player last season? Maddox...not a headliner. Not like Smith and Hummer anyway.

4. If I'm totally wrong and Princeton can't maintain the requisite level of talent, then that'll force the program to make the changes SJ wanted (e.g. eliminate the transfer ban). So the problem will self-correct. I think the reason the administration refused this time was that, "Hey, Princeton just won a title and pushed UK to the limit. We're fine." Not saying I fully agree with that opinion, but I understand it. It's harder to win...but it's still very doable. And that's fine for an Ivy athletics program.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.28 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:53 AM