Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: St Bona game
hound4life 
Freshman

Reg: 01-01-09
12-13-11 01:43 PM - Post#114341    
    In response to Rick

a school of under 2000 maybe, but the stadium seats about 6000.... clearly they get a lot more support being in the middle of nowhere. Look at Marist - they pack out the arena just because people in the area have nothing better to do. You're competing with a city which has a lot going on and students would much rather go to a bar in the city then sit home on a friday night to watch a subpar basketball game. Don't get me wrong, I went to Loyola and missed less then a handful of games in my four years. But you will not see any crowds until this team consistently start winning and they get some national recognition. The student body is dying for a successful team (No, a sport which is played by only 60+ division one schools will not do the job. It's easy to say we are a top 25 lacrosse school when about a quarter of the teams out there are within 5 years of the first game for the school. But I digress...) You can't get support from students being successful at sports like soccer and lacrosse. Find me any school in the nation that the lacrosse/soccer program is the number one revenue producing, crowd drawing sport. Give the student body time - if we continue to win, students will come.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.213 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:26 AM