Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: St Bona game
Bang Bang 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-03-07
12-16-11 11:23 AM - Post#114458    
    In response to maacballer

The last home game I went to seemed to have a lot of non-students at the game. Not sure how many were alumni, but I think we have a pretty good community interest. The problem I think is that the interest may not be something engrained into these people. We're doing well, obviously now there will be greater interest. But as the program continues through the ups and downs each season, I'm not sure these people will continue showing up. Maybe they will?

Regarding the alumni, I think it all starts with student attendance. If you enjoyed going to games as a student, it'll transition to your alumni life to come to games. Once you have that sense of school pride, you continue to support the team as an adult -- you can see this with many of the larger schools that have generations of families attending games year after year. Many Loyola grads do leave the Baltimore area, but there still should be plenty around here to fill a gym.

Start with the students, and the alumni will come (as the students become alumni). I think we have a pretty good community backing, whether or not it's instilled in them. But these things take time, for sure. As the spotlight grows, we'll obviously get a bigger draw too. But Loyola has made great strides since Patsos has been here in terms of attendance.

Again, I'm basing this off the attendance of one home game this season.

Edited by Bang Bang on 12-16-11 11:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.176 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:50 AM