Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Good Grief!
Green Ghost 
goober

Loc: New York, NY
Reg: 11-22-04
12-20-04 05:46 PM - Post#1158    
    In response to Rob

Although, Dartmouth has brought in some damn good players as of late, as well as some highly touted recruits. There have even been transfers from Wisconsin and Oklahoma State in recent years (as in, AFTER the letter was written). So, maybe what happened was that Jim Wright knew, made sure it wasn't affecting what he understood to be the athletics-admissions policy, and told Swarthmore that Furstenberg wasn't representing Dartmouth when he wrote that.

Wright is pretty pro-athletics, as school presidents go. I'm not sure that he would have knowingly allowed Furstenberg to hurt the athletic department or the football program. I don't know what his coaching was like during the good years, but Dartmouth's playcalling during some of these losing seasons has been pretty dreadful. When a team loses as many close games as Dartmouth has lost lately, at some point, the coach has to be held responsible.

I think the letter does a lot more harm now that it's out than it did before we knew about it. And THAT's the part that's going to be the end of Furstenberg at Dartmouth, I think.

-The Ghost
The preceding opinion is my own, and is not necessarily representative of the opinion of anyone else, but it could be, it should be, and it probably is.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.394 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:34 PM