Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
02-07-12 11:24 PM - Post#119707    
    In response to mrjames

• mrjames Said:
  • Quote:
Maloney's playoff series vs. the Sonics was a lot more high profile than what Lin is doing now.

That was in my basketball sweet spot, and I have to disagree.

At the end of the day - the world is different now. Social media/blogs/etc are crafting narratives that have a much broader audience.

We now have more recruiting info than we ever have and those recruits have more exposure to how schools and leagues are perceived than ever.

This starts with the players and those players can now be deluged with narratives that never would have made it to them in the past. Everything is amplified now. Everyone who has said that Amaker would only do something for Harvard has had to face the reality that these last two years have been the strongest leagues top-to-bottom since the 1970s.

Our league is getting publicity that it rarely got in the past more frequently than it ever has. It's just a different age. The tide is rising. And it's carrying all boats.

(Except Dartmouth's).

Social media revolution aside, Lin has had TWO terrific games with the Knicks. I'm not saying he needs to have a Maloney-ish playoff series to get more high profile than Matt's performance back in the late 90s, but at the very least it needs to last more than a week before it's more high profile.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.725 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:35 PM