Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: How problematic is the Cornell Basketball Blog?
umbrellaman 
Masters Student
umbrellaman
Reg: 11-21-04
02-16-12 09:51 PM - Post#120881    
    In response to scoop85

First, I'd agree that his Jeremy Lin bashing doesn't make any sense, and just highlights his warped point of view.
Second, way back in the day, BRF justified his actions because Cornell needed the hype, as an up and coming program. Well, Cornell has arrived and has had one of the best if not the best Ivy basketball team in the 64 team tourney era. There doesn't seem to be the need for the hype now.
Third, when that really talented Cornell team was making its runs in the tourney - more than one member of the Ivy Hoops community remarked to me that the team was wonderful to watch, and that they wanted to root for them, but for one guy.....BRF.
Last, I suppose that's the power of the internet. Low barrier to entry, and BRF has his own site. But, by the same token, if someone else wants to make a better site, they can try.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.175 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:28 AM