Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Weak finish again- one and done in MAAC
WOFM 
Freshman

Reg: 02-24-11
02-24-12 11:49 PM - Post#122133    
    In response to Rick

Rider didn’t miss because their shots were seldom contested.

Thought we played fairly well against their zone at times, but mostly cause Rider did a poor job with it. The problem early was they’d work the ball in the paint to Walker and he looked like he had no idea what to do with it.

Speaking of Walker, I know he had 14 points but he was useless about 95% of the time he was on the floor. From being indecisive on most of his shots (the ones he bothered to take), to his ole defense and his uncanny ability to get beat on every single contested rebound, he was just terrible.

Jimmy with the ill-timed T and his musical chair lineups certainly didn’t help. Why did Olsen sit so much early on?

And no, they did not have a time out left at the end, Jimmy frittered them all away so he could go on his tirades. Good rotation to get an open look but Walker not the guy you want taking it – but, we’ve seen them run that set before and wind up with Etherly taking a 3!

And Cormier needs to get his game to where he takes over more often, not for just 3 or 4 possessions a game.

I have no doubts Jimmy will sulk his way thru Sunday and they will come out and stink it up vs the Jaspers, not that it matters.

Fairfield giving Iona all they can handle, so even if they can avoid one and done, I am not feeling confident about any matchup in the semis.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 AM