jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
03-06-12 04:11 PM - Post#124517    
    In response to Opie

• Opie Said:
I just stopped by the bookstore and asked when they will have the MAAC championship tee shirts. I was told they are supposed to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday). I don't know what time tomorrow, or when they'll be on the floor - but no later than Wednesday seems to be a safe guess.

I had to read this twice, because I could not believe it. But get to the bookstore quick. They only ordered 100 t-shirts. Seriously.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2012/0 3/...

• Quote:
With NCAA berth, Loyola University preps for merchandise rush

Loyola University Maryland is gearing up for a rush of apparel sales after the school’s men’s basketball team punched its ticket Monday night to the NCAA tournament for the first time in 18 years.

Shortly after Loyola defeated Fairfield 48-44 in the MAAC title game, the school ordered 100 championship T-shirts and 100 Loyola basketball shirts, said Jennifer Wood, director of campus services, which oversees the university’s bookstore. The campus bookstore is currently sold out of the basketball shirts, which sell for $21.95 apiece.

The shirts are expected to arrive Wednesday. The school is only ordering 100 at a time due to storage limitations, Wood said, but if sales are brisk more can be ordered and shipped within 48 hours.

Since the game ended, seven pre-orders were placed online for shirts, Wood said. An additional 23 basketball-related items sold overnight, she said.
“Obviously this is a learning experience for us,” said Wood, noting that this is a larger event for the school than orientation, graduation fairs, parents weekend and reunion weekend. “But we’re excited and we’ll take it.”

The true merchandise test, however, will come next week when the university’s 3,500 undergraduate students return from spring break.

• Loyola expects NCAA berth to pay off

Meanwhile Loyola, whose bookstore is operated by Barnes and Noble, has also ordered shirts to celebrate the first time its men’s basketball team has won at least 20 games. Those shirt will arrive within the next week.

Meanwhile, the success of the basketball team has already contributed to a spike in merchandise sales. Compared with the start of the season, apparel sales at home games tripled toward the end of the year, Wood said.

Loyola’s opponent in the first round of the NCAA tournament won’t be known until March 11.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.208 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:50 PM