Username Post: Bracketology
LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
03-07-12 12:26 PM - Post#124751    
    In response to Bang Bang

Other teams/conferences to keep an eye on:

WAC

1st Place: Nevada (probably in ahead of us, matched up with Iona in bracket busters but lost)
2nd Place: New Mexico St (gets interesting with them, about 7 spots higher than us in RPI.. but their SOS is much stronger)
3rd Place: Idaho (a team we should easier jump over, pull for some top seed upsets in the WAC)

MAC

1st Place: Akron (currently a 14 seed, but upset would be tough b/c the way the tournament is set up.. top seed gets a bye straight through to the semis)
2nd Place: Buffalo (74 RPI... we're 76 on realtimerpi so this would be a toss up.. gotta think selection committee respects the MAC more than the MAAC but maybe not with Akron (MAC leaders) sitting on the 14 line, and 2nd place Loyola sitting on a 15)
3rd Place: Ohio (similarly to the WAC, if the 3rd place team gets in, we get bumped up)

Patriot League

1st Place: Bucknell (this has been discussed already and I agree, kind of absurd that they would be ahead of us, but they are one of the better teams that we beat OOC. Although the more I look at their schedule, they didn't play anyone.. well should I say beat anyone.. best win is probably Richmond for them. Bucknell RPI: 85 SOS: 207.... We have better computer numbers but haven't checked the other computers.. the more I look into it, the more surprised I am that they are ahead of us)
2nd Place: Lehigh (definitely ahead of.)

That's pretty much it for us though... the 13 lines start to incorporate at larges.. with the only exception being S. Dakota St who won their conference tournament so they are definitely in. Don't see us jumping over any at-large candidates.

Edited by LoCo2011 on 03-07-12 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.28 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:39 AM