Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mike Martin? Seriously?
Full Bear 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 06-01-12
06-03-12 07:25 PM - Post#129677    
    In response to magic3db

Wes Miller played for UNC. He also happened into the job bc his head coach was let go mid-season and UNCG had no choice. Not even remotely apples to apples.

As many examples people want to provide with assts. who have been successful I can respond with more instances where they have crashed and burned. And many of those failures had much more valuable experience than Mike Martin's. Mo Cassara of Hofstra (Jack Hayes's last brilliant decision) is a good start. But that gets us nowhere.

All I was saying was, in my opinion, we could have and should have done better. Who had a better resume as an asst., Walsh at PC or Martin at UPenn, and Walsh has had phenomenal success at RIC and knows RI very well. What about Brown makes us think that only someone who went to Brown can understand what it takes? And I am sorry, why can't we think we can do better than 3rd or 4th? Is mediocrity really our goal.

Lastly, how is Martin all that different than TJ? If we were going to hire an unproven commodity, why not the one we already had who is supported by the players. And if we are going to point to TJ being part of a losing program, so too has Martin. TJ is an impressive young man and a local as well.

All that being said, I will continue to root for the Bears and hope that I am wrong. If I am I will gladly smear egg on my face. It's been interesting to see how much of the vocal support for Martin has come from Quaker fans.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:00 AM