Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mike Martin? Seriously?
Full Bear 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 06-01-12
06-06-12 07:12 AM - Post#129767    
    In response to Old Bear

Agreed Old Bear.

My last word on this is that Skinner would have been retread looking for a payday, but Walsh would have been a home run. He can flat out coach. I saw him work camps when he was at PC and have followed his career at RIC, and the guy could take us to a whole new level. He made RIC relevant! Unfortunately, we won't get the chance to see it happen. We will still be Brown, 2nd tier Ivy. What precludes someone who has coached at other levels from succeeding in our league. Only Martin can get a kid to go to Brown?

BTW, how much influence did Martin's boys on the committee and the big money alumni have on this selection? Cordischi hit on that when he released the initial 9 names, and said Martin had a guy on the committee. Surprised nobody on that committee stepped up for TJ.

I too am done with this thread. And I too will refrain from the "I told you so" when we are looking for a new coach in two-three years.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.287 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:59 AM