Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: A few comments
Panthers Win!! 

Reg: 01-30-06
02-18-06 09:33 PM - Post#15887    
    In response to BUFan

It’s too bad there had to be a loser in a game like that. Both teams showed they can play.

I’m not sure why it’s not okay for fans to storm the court after a double overtime nationally televised game against a ranked team. For gosh sake that was akin to a NCAA Tournament game. Let the fans enjoy a hard fought victory like that. The only concern of course would be if fans, players or coaching staffs were at risk of injury because of it. That’s possible (see Nebraska football player baited by fan) but seems to be extremely rare.

While the travel no-call against UNI’s Coleman was a miss by the refs there were plenty of calls going both ways that might have been called that weren’t. It was clear the Patriot League crew was going to let the teams decide the game by calling it very loosely.

It was the game I thought it would be and more. Bucknell played extremely well and had a chance to seal the victory at the end but made a few crucial mistakes giving UNI just enough wiggle room to get back into it. I suppose odds are you’re going to win a few close games and lose a few, given that UNI has lost it’s last two by a basket it was time to get one close one back.

If there was a scenario though where both teams could benefit, or at least the losing team lose the least it was what occurred out there today. Bucknell can say they should have won that and deserves their ranking. UNI can say they got a win against a very good team.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.009 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:18 AM