Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Where Does This Team Rank?
Anonymous 

02-24-06 01:52 AM - Post#16174    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Quote:

over and over again i have seen people post about the weak level of play in the patriot league this season. perhaps people just had higher expectations, but i dont think the patriot league has recently seen (if anyone has league data from the 90s, id like to see it), from top to bottom, basketball played on this level. consequently, there is little doubt in my mind that this is the best patriot league team... ever.

At the very least the top 3 this year are far better than any top 3 in the PL has ever been. Some of the dominant PL teams of the pre-scholarship era appeared to be better than they were because of weaker OOC schedules and running up good records against other PL teams who weren't as good. I've seen BU games every year since the old ECC and I think the BU/HC teams of the past two years are the best I've seen (except for the occasional Temple/St Joes teams of the ECC). The Colgate team with both Foyle and Neale was also good, although once Neale graduated Colgate was just another good team, nothing special.

Next year the depth of the league should definitely be greater since I see American taking a big step up, and Navy and Colgate getting better as well.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.008 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:52 AM