Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton 70 Davidson 68 (2OT)
Tiger82 

Reg: 11-21-04
01-03-05 02:43 AM - Post#1785    
    In response to nix23

I believe the old bald referee is the one to which you refer. He is, by far, the worst referee I've seen to date and that includes the refs from my kids rec, travel, and school basketball teams. Too many phantom calls, too many glaring non-calls, too many Academy Award performances, and too many plain wrong calls from one referee. The other 2 were pretty normal with the usual number of mistakes but this one guy embarassed the entire crew. I find it hard to believe that Scott didn't get 2, let alone 1, T.

Now, for the game itself:

1. The potential game winning 3 by Greenman was right in front of me and I thought the ball was barely in his hand when the buzzer went off. The closest referee already had his hand up and signaled a 3 when the ball ripped the net. However, his job was to look at the feet and not at the hands. The other referee (not Baldy) waved off the shot. It was a correct call albeit unpopular.

Bad calls galore....number 5 on Will was when he was running away from the contact..... number 5 on Noah was a slip and a flop by the Davidson guard. Judson was being manhandled the entire game in what looked like WWF tag team strategy by Davidson 15, 35, and 22.

I do have a couple of interesting observations from behind the Tiger bench. If your initials aren't JW, WV, or SG, your playing time is affected by your ability to follow directions from the bench. If you fail to follow direction, you will find a seat watching the game. Many of the substitutions in regulation were spur of the moment subs where Scott seemed unhappy with something the player didn't do.

As for using both Mike and Judson, I was surprised to not see that when Noah was fouled out (note the way I state it) especially when Davidson seemed to easily get to the basket as Judson was trying to avoid foul number 5. It was a miracle that he played both OT periods with 4 fouls and Baldy could have taken him out any time.

As for Matt being in the game at the end instead of Luke, Joe needed more ballhandling with Will out of the game.
With a 3 point lead with less than 10 seconds left, I thought about possibly fouling Davidson to send them to the line for 2 but that is playing with fire as they could convert both and force a turnover with a few ticks left or they could make the first and rebound a missed second shot and get a put-back or a foul. I thought Scott called for tight defensive pressure to make Davidson waste time and give up the foul in trying for a steal. An intentional foul with time for 2-3 possessions was not high on Scott's wish list, I'm sure.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.648 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:22 AM