Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Formula's for disaster/notadisaster
Anonymous 

03-17-06 06:01 PM - Post#18152    

I don't really see how Penn has anything, but the faintest of hopes to win tonight's game. That said, what I hope doesn't happen is that Penn comes out firing up 3's. I think that's a formula for disaster. We don't shoot them well, Texas is quick and the openings to shoot the 3 will be shorter than the team is used to. Reliance on the 3 and cold shooting could mean that the game is over in the first 10 minutes.

Rather than focus on the 3, I hope that Penn moves the ball inside and back out, looks for the opportunties to slash inside, takes those short inside shots, get some fouls on Texas and hope for the best from there.

Biggest question in my mind is will there be any serious interior defense or will Texas run amok with our guys fouling. If this game looks scary with our starting 5+2, how ugly would it be if 8,9,10 have to play serious minutes?

Hoping for:

1)Texas to really not take this game seriously
2)Texas sloppy with the ball and we get a possession advantage
3)Somehow keep them off the offensive boards
4)Ibby is hot and draws some fouls, too.
5)Zoller has his 3 point shot working.
6)Texas accidentally leaves half their team in the hotel
7)Oz thinks he's playing Temple and gets hot
8)Dunphy has been thinking creatively and doesn't simply come out with what's sort of worked all year.
9)Other half of the Texas team is stopped by security on the way in and "detained" as Unlawful Basketball Combatants.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.012 seconds.   Total Queries: 5   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:46 AM