Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: AJ Brodeur
TheLine 
Professor

Reg: 07-07-09
07-15-15 07:34 PM - Post#190599    
    In response to Chip Bayers

Yep.

I'm hoping Donahue has already had a heart to heart with Hicks.

I'm willing to give Hicks a pass for the past 3 years based on the dysfunction and lack of talent around him. But he's got to play and act like a leader this year. Hicks has to show the way, Donahue will most certainly play to his strengths so he shouldn't have any excuses.

DNH's problems are more likely health related so Donahue can only get something out of him if he's healthy.

Let's remember Donahue was an assistant on teams that did play D, it's not a foreign concept to him. At Cornell he was moneyballing, it's not like he had the opportunity to recruit players who excelled at both ends of the court. I wasn't following the crash and burn at BC to know what happened there. At Penn he'll need to moneyball for at least the next couple of years, we're not going to out-recruit Harverd, or even Yale or Princeton, until the on-the-court product improves. Let's see how the season goes.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.197 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:52 AM