Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lo
randal7 
Freshman

Reg: 12-31-13
02-11-16 05:33 PM - Post#201366    
    In response to PeteD

I think he's having a nice year, but I also understand why the poster is perplexed. There are times when Lo drives to the hoop and scores in such a beautiful way that you think to yourself, "why doesn't he do that EVERY TIME". Well, he makes it look easier than it is, firstly, and also, when he is dazzling out there, that's highly energy consuming stuff.

The only observation that I've made, personally, that may account for Lo's perceived "shortcoming" in his potential is his running off non-ball screens and shooting. The old pick, curl and pop. Last year, Lo did alot of that. He was starting to remind me of a Rip Hamilton with the dexterity and agility he demonstrated to slink around screens that osetkowski and others would set, and quickly shoot. This year, he just looks more stiff. Whereas last year he could run around screens and find open spots INSIDE the 3-point line, this year he's not doing quite as much of that. There's only 1 thing I can pin that on -- Frank being gone.

Frankowski was a pretty shifty, nimble, dead-red shooter in his own right. He was also a real rah-rah guy. No idea how much he was in Lo's ear last year, but even just his leading by example probably influenced the way Lo played. I think last year it was against Penn when Frank when off for about 20 points in the first half and was hot as a pistol, using screens to curl and pop. Frank was a pro at that. Lo needs to do alittle more of it, especially to help collapse the defense a bit, which is flexed out most nights to prevent the 3-point shooting.

All in all though, this is nitpicking. Kid is seriously talented. And he's great on D as well.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.742 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:48 AM