Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Jack Montague
Jeff2sf 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-22-04
03-05-16 08:39 PM - Post#203515    
    In response to 1LotteryPick1969

Yeah so I think it's kind of interesting that a bunch of old guys are deciding what's what with the delicate situation of sexual assault given a bunch of old guys basically have gotten us into this situation to begin with.

Here's what I know:
1. At some point on some college campus, some guy has sexually assaulted a woman and gotten away with it even when it's reported because of he said/she said.
2. At some point a woman has probably falsely accused a guy of sexual assault on a campus.
3. Some how, whatever the ratios are, the great majority of sexual assaults seem to go unpunished.
4. That is probably really really frustrating for women.
5. If I was Montague's friend, I'd probably want to show support for him.
6. If I was the woman's friend, I'd want to show support for her.
7. Most of the fans shouting Montague's name last week were probably not close personal friends.
8. That had to really really suck for the woman.

Innocent till proven guilty actually doesn't work for most sexual assault cases. I'm not proposing we throw that idea out. Not at all. But he said-she said has basically tilted to he said always wins.

Unless there are two or more she's. See Bill Cosby.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.253 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:39 PM