Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Go Bulldogs
SRP 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-04-06
03-18-16 04:21 AM - Post#204866    
    In response to Chip Bayers

Same old Yale. They have a wide comfort zone and just play within themselves. They are tough, don't take off defensive possessions, and make great interior passes. Downey and Ferguson were amazing off the bench when the battleship and the cruiser (Sears and Sherrod) had to sit with fouls. Was anybody here surprised that Yale out-toughed Baylor mentally and physically? Knowing both teams, it was kind of what I expected, although the intra-Bear altercation surprised me; they had seemed to be more unified this year than last.

Also, I wonder if there isn't some kind of physical training story here because the Bulldog players seem to have terrific core strength despite not looking nearly as buffed-out as the Baylor players. It's like the Bears have put a lot of effort into showy biceps and triceps and shoulders but those comparatively slender Yale guys can't be moved off of their spots even when banged pretty hard. With the new rules about not putting your hands on guys defensively that seems to serve them well.

Finally, mid-range jumpers look pretty good when you shoot them better than most teams shoot layups. Mason loves that elbow jumper off the dribble and must have knocked down thousands of them in practice.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.788 seconds.   Total Queries: 13   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:29 AM